I’m on a roll, creating new meals with lasagna noodles. Tonight’s is a variation of Thanksgiving Dinner all combined into an easy and delicious noodle dish. Using vegetable broth instead of chicken or turkey, would make this a great vegetarian dish.
- One box no boil lasagna noodles- I used a 9X9 pan so only needed half a box
- 1 sweet potato- peeled and cooked -I cooked mine in the microwave
- Teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- one can chicken or turkey broth
- one can cream of mushroom soup
- One jar turkey gravy
- One box stove top turkey or chicken stuffing, Prepare as directed but use broth in place of water
- 1 can cranberry sauce (I used about 3/4 of a can)
- Mix 1/2 cup broth, jar of gravy and can of soup. Set aside.
- Mash sweet potato with cream cheese and garlic in a food processor or mixer. Set aside.
- Open the can of cranberry sauce.
- Pour small amount of soup mixture into a 9” square pan or 9X 13” pan. Set down a layer of noodles. Add a layer of the stuffing, sweet potato mixture, and top with 1/3 of the cranberry sauce. Pour broth mixture over it. Repeat several times until you run out of ingredients. As these were thick ingredients, I think I made four layers when I ran out and reached the top of the casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for fifteen minutes to firm it up.
I didn’t have enough liquid so my top layer of noodles didn’t soften. I removed the noodles before taking the picture. I think it’s actually tastier without the noodles as the final layer. Make sure you use foil though so it doesn’t dry up.